Real Life Bride : Week 7

Monday, January 3, 2011



 
Happy Year of 2011!!! I cannot believe the year is finally here - my WEDDING YEAR!!!  We are officially 9 months away from the big day for Grant & I.  We are also officially still on holiday, so I’m enjoying every last second of wedding downtime. During my spare time I jotted down some New Year's (Wedding) Resolutions I thought I would share with you.
1.     Remember The Point:  We’re getting married, not just throwing a party.  I have already started on this resolution but I strive to prepare myself to be the best possible wife for Grant than I can be.
2.     Take “Me” Time:  I can be a crazy OCD, Type A personality who is go, go, go.  If I don’t stop and smell the roses once in a while, the year will fly by and I’ll be cranky deluxe come wedding day.  This year I will take care of my mind, body and soul by working out, talking with my therapist and practice meditation.
3.     Be Love: I am so in love with Grant. I vow to recognize the amazing man he is each and every day this year and let the build up of getting married transpire.
4.     It Won’t Be Perfect: Breathe in and out.  Not everyone is going to be happy with our choices, guest list, seating arrangements etc… and I will truly aim to not sweat the small stuff this year or let other people’s opinions stress me out.
5.     No Wearing/Display of Male Body Parts at Bachelorette Party:  It’s a personal decision.  Please don’t get drunk and break this rule Jacey.  Plus, I’d hate for any videos of me dancing on tables to end up on Facebook.  You’re an adult now, act like one (haha, this is just my personal lecture to myself)
6.     Trust My Gut:  I had originally envisioned getting married on a beach, or in nature in front of a tree. Some things you have to let go of, but my resolution is to stay firm on aspects of the wedding that are very important to Grant and I.  If we aren’t feeling something, let’s change it!!
7.     Have Fun:  Enough said! But by the looks of this picture on New Year’s Eve night, I don’t see us having a problem on this resolution! 

xoxo,
 

No comments: