Real Life Bride: Week 41

Tuesday, August 17, 2010



My post is a day late this week and that's because I have been gone all weekend for my very best friend's wedding in Pleasanton, CA. She and her fiance have been together for 9 years (since they were 18!), so we were all so excited for this day to come. Over the years I have gotten to know both of their families pretty well, and I was so excited to be a part of their big day.

On friday we got manicures and pedicures with the bridesmaids, then they had their rehearsal dinner at Campo di Bocce, so we played a few rounds of bocce ball before dinner!



At the wedding the next day, I was fortunate to be the one to get her dressed and tied/zipped/buttoned into her beautiful gown, pin her heirloom hankies inside her dress, clasp her shoes on...it was so special to me to have that role on her wedding day.


 
The wedding was absolutely gorgeous with the ceremony taking place inside a candle-lit barrel room at The Palm winery. There were chandeliers and candles lining the altar for her grand entrance, and then we moved out onto a beautiful courtyard for cocktail hour. The weather was perfect and made for a beautiful outdoor setting.


The reception started with a slideshow that had almost everyone in tears and the night continued with dinner, dancing, toasts and of course the cake cutting. The bride was beaming and her groom was so happy and proud - they couldn't have looked more spectacular!


Overall it was the perfect day and I was so honored to stand up at the "altar" with her. And of course as we left with the happy couple the next day (Ryan and I went with them back to her parents' for a luncheon), they were sure to point out..."you're next!!"

And I simply can't wait! Our invitations are out and we've started to get a few RSVPs back in the mail!

No comments: