Real Life Bride : Week 24

Monday, April 19, 2010

 
Ryan and I recently set up a wedding website at ProjectWedding.com. I had originally done a pretty quick and simple site at theknot.com, but I didn't really like the artwork options and didn't love the layout either. My sister suggested that we look at ProjectWedding, and I was pleasantly surprised with their set-up.

I've never really liked wedding websites, but I was happy to find that you can delete pretty much all of the pages to fit your style! Our needs for a wedding website are just the basics - we simply want an easy way to pass along venue and hotel information and directions. Since we didn't send out a save the date, I thought this would be helpful for the guests who have to travel and may want to make their plans in advance of receiving the invitation, which will include accommodation information as well as the wedding website. It's also fun to see what guests write in the guestbook and the pictures that they include!


Once we receive our map from LH Calligraphy, we'll add that here too and share the site with our friends and family!

We also booked our honeymoon flights, revised the menu and are waiting on proofs for our invitations to see what direction we want to go with print material design. From all of the ideas I described and photos I showed to Laura, she described our look as "rustic cowboy meets jcrew prep meets vineyard" - should be interesting to see how that translates to print!

According to our online checklists, our next steps are engagement photo session and deciding what the guys will be wearing - which as I've already mentioned is no small feat since we don't agree on what they should wear!

No comments: