Beauty Splurge – Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Volupté

Thursday, April 29, 2010


I don’t know about you, but I can feel spring is here! The leaves are sprouting on the trees, the flowers in my yard are just about to be in full bloom, and the weather is getting just a little warmer. That fresh and light feeling is everywhere – including my beauty routine.

As I rotate those darker lipstick tones in my makeup bag for my lighter shades and glosses, I realize its time to restock on one of my favorite beauty splurges - YSL’s Gloss Volupté. This luscious stick glides on so effortlessly, conditioning lips and adding a touch of feminine color and shine. It really is amazing! Not only does it give your lips a lovely hint of transparent color, this gloss isn’t the least bit sticky. My favorite part though is the little hint of mango and pomegranate fragrance (it really is kind of yummy). Oh, and did I mention the light SPF 9 protection? It’s sheer, sensual and oh so good your lips. What’s not to love?!? This would be perfect for a bride looking for light but juicy color on her big day or even after on your honeymoon, giving you the look of color without trying too hard. 

Available in 8 delicious shades, this gloss is definitely a splurge at $30, but its one that I can’t live without in my purse for the perfect amount of natural shine and color, every single time.


No comments: